I have the intention of retraining myself in these three weeks before I am back to work full time, and daily meditation and walking are priorities, which bring me back to birds. Birds, those feathered bits of common and uncommon beauty, are my connection to the Divine in nature. In the rose garden I saw a pair of either cooper's or sharp-shinned hawks through the trees, spotted robins and a black phoebe, heard a red-breasted nuthatch, and watched an as-yet unidentified sparrow hunt for bugs beside the path. The best was yet to come, though.
I came home, moved the drying rack to the laundry room porch, and was hanging up the wash when into the morning glories swooped a pair of hooded orioles.
Sadly, I had no camera in hand, but here's a picture of a male hooded oriole I got from Google image search. You'll have to imagine him next to the blue-violet blossoms:

picture courtesy of James Ownby, copyright 2008. Check out his site, he's awesome!
A blessing of birds, indeed.

2 comments:
It was great to see you again, Linda. I'm so glad you could make it to the bloggers' dinner.
I'm also glad to learn of how this year's Gathering touched you. I wouldn't keep coming back if I myself didn't experience some transformation or some other movement towards God from time to time.
Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up
Hi Liz,
It was lovely to see you again. The bloggers' dinner is becoming a tradition!
Gathering is always a rich experience for me, though that certainly doesn't mean it's always easy or comfortable.
-Linda
Post a Comment