Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Birthday Poster #7: What inspires you?

At my party on Saturday, I put up a few posters with headings such as: Seen any good movies? Good News! and What are you making? I shoved markers into people's hands and set them to work. I'll post one from time to time. If you didn't make it to the party, or you did but you have a new thought, please add it in the comments.
Persistence on issues that take decades or more ; clarity of speech and writing - Carl
great theatre and history - miriam
punk rock and comic books - Jen
Productive people - John E.
Stimulating conversation- Biliana
The water in the pool, the Redwoods, worhsip, mercy, jokes, laughing. - Susan S.
Alternatives to Violence Project. Barb
People (conflict and peace)- Biliana
Perseverance, silence... taking a deep breath. Moving forward... Silence... Steve
Dark chocolate, warm water swimming, and triking. -Mariana
I do my own breathing. N
Freight and Salvage; music festivals; The idea of writing a to-do list, then praying and meditating on the day -Lisa
Most music.- Connie
Silent meeting - Marie
Great art and my amazing friends! Bryan
Beauty - Carl
Good music, God, and praying twice by singing for him. -Libia
Music, especially Sacred Harp; Quaker gatherings; farmers markets; public libraries; art museums; gardens; yarn stores. Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

children, immigrants, outsiders

Linda said...

I love that, Temple. Interesting that I mostly thought of places and you thought of people.