Monday, March 31, 2008

The End of Spring Break

Well, I had outrageously overly ambitious plans. I now laugh at myself for thinking that I had time to:
  • get the car cleaned
  • start the scarf for CL
  • go to a single yoga class, never mind the blitz I was imagining
  • see a movie in a theater (mostly because I missed everything I wanted to see in a theater)
  • get the computers/printers/other assorted defunct tech stuff donated
  • go birding
  • attend a wedding ( I had time but I wasn't well enough yet)
  • re-establish financial order
  • attend two committee meetings (I was double booked)
  • have a picnic
  • attend the community knit
  • track down the mysteriously unfilled holds at the library

I had partial success with:
  • cleaning out scary corners- some progress made in the office but it is still a wreck; the public areas of the house are ok, but closets and cabinets are still pretty scary
  • the stack of paper to be dealt with is smaller, though not diminished entirely
  • I didn't make Shaker lemon pie, but I made Shaker lemon pie inspired muffins instead
  • small donations to Freecycle and East Bay Depot
  • first leg of travel plans made, still need to figure out what I'm doing on the way back from Johnstown
  • some progress on nominating committee business

Actual success:
  • I am well! No more creepy new symptoms
  • I remembered all my meds, and the cat's meds, too
  • I got my Oakland Museum card with my actual name on it
  • kitchen and bathroom floors mopped
  • microwave cleaned
  • fingerless gloves finished
  • I am on the final stripe sequence on the endless blanket
  • All books labeled, ready to lend to teachers (thanks, Karen!)
  • breakfast muffins made for 2 weeks
  • hosted unfinished business party
  • car serviced
  • atm cards wired to correct accounts
  • bills paid
  • taxes paid and mailed
  • LOTS of laundry done
  • registered for FGC
  • read 4 books
  • cooking: food for the party, to take to various events, to have for lunch and dinner this next week
  • ate out for breakfast, lunch and dinner (not every day, of course)
  • went to two different farmers markets and two different libraries 
  • got a haircut
  • went to the fabulous ACCI gallery seconds sale


2 comments:

Inder-ific said...

I dunno, sounds pretty darn productive to me. I'm pleased that at least one breakfast, one farmer's market, the car service and a party, was accomplished in my company. Mind you, that's all I really got done in the past week and a half myself. Hanging out with you is obviously good for me.

Linda said...

I'm glad you think so, Inder. You're awfully good company!