Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Pleasures of Spring Break...

...seem distant already. Before they fade away entirely, here's what I did:

Friday night
dinner with folks from work
conversation with a friend
knitting and a movie (I think. Little hazy on the movie part.)


Saturday
farmers market: a gorgeous bunch of orange and pink ranuncula; dandelion greens, rapini, green garlic, carrots, pink lady apples, and red, gold, and pink beets
Oakland Museum-- 100 Families: Art and Social Change
Museum of Children’s Art (MOChA): Art in Open Court
NAP (because I walked to the museums)

Sunday
greeter for meeting for worship
business meeting
hours at the Article Pract sale, resulting in not a single purchase

Monday
essays for continuing ed. class
cooking all the beautiful farmers market produce: carrot top soup, braise of fava beans, green garlic, beets, fennel, radishes, carrots, and sugar snap peas
singing

Tuesday
Lakeshore Café breakfast
Rockridge library
Tango Gelato
Piedmont library-- because happiness is two libraries in one day
movies

Wednesday
eye doctor
dentist
NAP

Thursday
no Gilroy gardens-- too cold
Flipper's for brunch
Montclair yarn store-- again buying nothing
shopping: trader joes, lenscrafters, shoe pavilion; Michaels for yarn-- third time's the charm, and I succumb to yarn for an afghan, needles, and two knitting books

Friday
breakfast with friend at Lynn and Lu's
ill-fated Stanford trip (45 minutes searching for parking that didn't require change that I didn't have)

Saturday
copy store
library (yes, again)
farmers market
knitting with Natalia, who has both a very cool cable scarf and blue stockings in the works

Sunday
knitting
MFW

Books read: Year of Wonders: a Novel of the Plague; the way we talk now (started), Geoffrey Nunberg; The Fallen, T. Jefferson Parker; Portuguese Irregular Verbs, Alexander McCall Smith; The Summer Snow, Rebecca Pawel

Movies watched: A Good Year; Angel Rodriguez (I think I fell asleep); Friends with Money (again, I remember the beginning, but not the end-- I suspect dozing); The Brothers McMullen: Art School Confidential

Knitting:
cast off charity blanket; began rowan tapestry scarf
Knitting books read/browsed:
2 issues of Creative knitting magazine; Mason-Dixon knitting; Exquisite Little Knits; Speed Knitting; mindful knitting

Chores completed:
many piles of dishes
4 loads of laundry
bills paid
cooking: pasta, vegetable braise; greens; beets;
living room cleaned
dining room table cleaned

Chores avoided:
clean bathroom, mop floor, clean office, clean closet, clean entry way; put away laundry

No comments: