Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pilgrims for Zion City Bound

Today's the day Karen and I head for Friends General Conference Gathering in Tacoma via Greyhound. I've been bustling about not so efficiently. I've managed to go to each place twice or three times as I try to do my errands. Argh. It's enough to almost make me look forward to a 19 hour bus ride. Almost.
Anyway, it'll all work out, and then there we will be... I'm taking a singing workshop, as I always do at Gathering, on the theory that at least one week of singing is required to exorcise the demons of the past school year. This time, I get to do Paul's Sacred Harp workshop: powerful music for a powerfully challenging year.
Then I'm on to Alaska. I hope to see a bear. And lots of birds.
Just have to get through the bus trip. This seemed a good idea at the time...

3 comments:

Robin M. said...

I went to my first Sacred Harp workshop at the SF Free Folk Festival last weekend. I'm hoping to try it again next week. Safe journey!

Natalia said...

Bon voyage!

Paul L said...

I'll be looking for you on the cruise up to Alaska from my current perch on Lummi Island.

It was truly a delight to sing with you all week.