I am supposed to be on a train right now, an hour into my three day cross-country trek. However.
Because of the flooding in Iowa, the train will only go as far as Denver, and then you can take a motorcoach (a bus with a fancy name so you don't feel like you're being cheated for not being on a train) to Omaha. Though my geography is shaky, I am confident that Omaha is not Chicago. Really not close at all. And Chicago is where we catch the train to Pittsburgh, which is where we catch the train to Johnstown. Sooo... no train.
I do not blame Amtrak for the flooding. I do blame them for not contacting me. I contacted them at 5 pm last night, because the information posted on the website is insanely unclear. Which is why I had to wait on hold for 15 minutes, because everyone else has to call in to figure out if they can actually take their trip or not.
So now we are taking a red-eye flight Thursday night, and I will get ample opportunity to remember all the reasons I HATE planes, airports, and flying. Grrr.

No comments:
Post a Comment