Sunday, August 13, 2006

Brethren Farewell




Friends from near and far, including Santa Cruz, Berkeley (both unprogrammed meetings and the Friends church), San Francisco, and Santa Rosa gathered to bid farewell to the wonderful co-directors of Ben Lomond Quaker Center at a picnic this Saturday.

I discovered Quaker Center online before I went to an actual bricks-and-mortar meeting. During those first two years, I had more Quaker connections with folks I met at Quaker Center than in my local meeting. Walter and Traci were touchstones of spiritual hospitality that sustained me during this time.

Despite a little melancholy, we managed to have a pretty good time. It's nice to get together, enjoy a potluck, and say nice things about someone before they're dead. And it was fun to catch up with Friends from all over, including several bloggers: me, Karen, Chris, Rebecca, and Lisa.


4 comments:

Chris M. said...

Thanks for the photos and the report, Linda! The boys & I were there, but we spent almost the entire time at the playground, except at the very beginning and very end. Thanks to Lisa for suggesting the blogger photo shoot!

-- Chris M.

Lisa H said...

Yay Linda! And now I've caught up a bit on your other posts, too. Thanks, Lisa

Paul L said...

Linda -- You probably know this, but one of the new co-directors of BLFC was in our Sacred Harp workshop and needs opportunities to practice.

Rebecca Sullivan said...

thanks Linda

I really appreciate that you all came to the good bye party and that we took a picture. We are now in Whyoming and hoping to make through nebraska today.

hope all is well in the other watershed.

peace
rebecca