create your own visited states map
This is really fun! I never noticed before how my destinations have been rather contiguous. It sort of makes sense on the West Coast, where I live. But not all can be explained solely in terms of being geographically linked to a primary destination.
- California: Born, bred, educated. Interesting note: can now pass two of these sites (thr first house I lived in and my alma mater) on the way to work.
- Oregon: vacation a few years ago. Which would have been lovely, but a nasty fall resulted in every appendage being scraped. So I was in pain and REALLY grouchy for most of it.
- Hawaii: Vacationed twice on Maui, once on Hawaii. Warm weather really does make people nicer.
- Nevada: Went to Reno with my dad to see Whoopi Goldberg perform.
- Arizona: vacationed several times, most recently a birding trip to the Southeast.
- Oklahoma: visited family a couple of summers.
- Louisiana: visited a friend in college there, also vacationed for my birthday one year.
- Ohio: visited a college friend.
- Indiana: visited a (now) ex and family.
- Pennsylvania: Friends General Conference (FGC) Gathering. in Johnstown.
- Virginia: FGC in Blacksburg.
- New York: my first big trip. I went to see the Chagall exhibit at MOMA and the Magritte exhibit at the Met. Also returned when my friend Beth was considering grad school.
- Massachusetts: visited Boston with Beth on same scoping out grad school trip. Several visits since then as she bought a house on the wrong coast.
- Maine: road trip with Beth on one of the aforementioned visits. There are some benefits to having a friend buy a house on the wrong coast, though I hate to admit it.
Try it, you'll like it!

1 comment:
Hee. My map is California, the entire east coast, and a few northeastern midwest states, such as Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan. Guess I'm still really an east-coaster.
Post a Comment